Many ISPs additionally offer their users an IPTV service. Having a TV with Smart TV technology, you can watch IPTV from the provider using the SS IPTV application.
What is SS IPTV?
SS IPTV is a modern application created for TVs with Smart TV technology, which allows you to watch videos broadcast over the Internet.
SS IPTV is one of the most popular Smart TV applications in the CIS and Europe. This is the first application that provided the ability to watch IPTV. In the 2013 Smart TV Application Developer Contest, SS IPTV received the highest marks.
The application itself does not provide TB services to the user. SS IPTV only gives access to content supplied by the provider. In fact, SS IPTV is an IPTV player, and if a user pays a provider for the provision of an IPTV viewing service, then all monetary transactions occur only between the user and the provider (SS IPTV has nothing to do with this). If the provider offers to show an unencrypted interactive TV, then you can independently upload the playlist he made to the application. Usually the list (playlist) is posted on the official website of such a provider. If you can’t find it, write to the technical support of your provider.
If your Internet provider does not provide the ability to watch IPTV, you can use the services of absolutely any third-party OTT operator you like, whose video streams are compatible with your Smart TV, or you can upload your playlist with channels.
SS IPTV at the moment is a very actively moving forward platform, a real center of interactive entertainment right inside your TV. Playlists from several hundred IPTV operators, terrestrial channels, video content from online services, social networks and video hosting sites – all this is available to people who have only one application – SS IPTV. See below for a video review of the application:
Installing SS IPTV on Samsung TV
The app is currently not available for installation from the Smart Hub store. But you can download and run the application from a USB flash drive, which will need to be inserted into TB.
Installation on TB from 2011 to 2015
- Download the zipped application to your computer from the official website of the SS IPTV application developers – https://ss-iptv.com/files/ssiptv_orsay_usb.zip
- Insert the USB stick into your computer. Unpack the zip file to the root directory of the flash drive. To do this, right-click on the archive and select “Extract files …”. Specify the USB flash drive and click “OK”. The path of the files matters. It should be like this (on the USB flash drive, in this example it is assigned the letter “E”, there is a folder ssiptv, and there are files in it):
- Insert the USB stick into any of several USB ports on the TV. The installed application appears immediately on the TV display.
Installation on devices released after 2015 (OS Tizen)
- Download this archive to your computer – https://ss-iptv.com/files/ssiptv_tizen_usb.zip
- Insert the USB flash drive into your computer and unpack the downloaded file to the root directory of the USB drive. To do this, click on the archive with the right mouse button – click “Extract files …” – select a USB flash drive in the right column – click “OK”.
- A folder “userwidget” with files will appear on the USB flash drive:
- Insert the USB stick into any of several USB ports on the TV. The SS IPTV application will appear in the “My Applications” section, without making any other manipulations.
Loading and editing a playlist
The application provides support for two ways to download playlists. Adding:
- by link (such playlists are called external, you can add as many as you like);
- by means of a code that is valid once, and you can download it from the site (such a playlist is called internal, and there can be only one).
To download your own playlist from the link:
- Go to SS IPTV and on the screen that appears, click on the gear in the upper right corner.
- Go to “Content” by selecting this line in the drop-down menu. At the top of the line, go to “External Playlists” and click “Add”. Type in any desired playlist name and link to it in the appropriate field, and then click “Save” in the upper right corner.
The external playlist icon you downloaded will appear in the main application window. The playlist will be loaded every time you click on this icon.
To download an external playlist, sometimes a framework is used on TB – that is, you can use only links available from the Internet, the system will not let others through.
To load your own playlist via code:
- Go to the app. Click on the gear in the upper right corner.
- Go to “General” by selecting this line in the drop-down menu, and click “Get code”. This code will be valid for a day (or until the next one is created).
- Enter the dropped code for this link – https://ss-iptv.com/users/playlist
- Click on “Add device”.
- Select the playlist on your PC by clicking “Open” and then finish downloading by clicking “Save”. After the user has successfully loaded the playlist, the My Playlist icon will be added to the application screen.
The platform does not just show the playlists loaded into it, but also tries to identify the channels in them, and correlate them with those that are already included in the database. Those channels of the selected playlist that the system has recognized can be seen on the corresponding panel along with their logos.
When loading a new playlist, the previous playlist is overwritten. If you need to re-download the same playlist or any other through the site, there is no need to receive another code, unless you have cleared your browser cookies before.
Only those playlists that conform to the standard of the installed m3u format can be used as internal playlists. The playlist must be in UTF 8-bit encoding to load properly. External playlists can be of any other format (i.e. not only m3u, but for example xspf, asx and pls). More information about creating your own playlist and uploading it to SS IPTV is described in the video below:
Reproduction problems and solutions
When watching channels on Samsung Smart TV using SS IPTV app, the following problems may appear:
- Display error. If the playlist is loaded, but the channels are not shown, and instead only a black screen and an error message, you need to make sure that the loaded playlist is working. This can be done through the computer program IPTV Player or VLC.
- Everything works fine through IPTV Player and VLC, but SS IPTV still has an error. If the playlist contains links to multicast streams (usually with a playlist from your ISP), the TV needs to be connected to the network via a wire for normal playback. Many TBs do not support multicast. Transmission of streams of this type is possible only when a UDP proxy is configured on the router.
- There are channels in a foreign language. To make an audio track in Russian, use the audio-track attribute (language code: rus). For example: #EXTINF: 0 tvg-name = “THT” audio-track = “rus” tvg-shift = 4, THT International.
- The playlist is loaded, but the logos and EPGs are not viewable. SS IPTV has a modern recognition system that works in almost 99% of cases. The most common problem is naming errors. To make sure your channels are recognizable, check if their names match the requirements. Keep in mind that names should not contain extra characters (indexes, category names, etc.).
- An error occurred while playing a playlist with videos. Downloaded videos work fine, but there are no rewind and pause buttons. To correct the situation and normal display of icons, the playlist must be loaded through the “Videos” section, which can be found in the program settings.
Using a Samsung TV with Smart TV technology, the user can watch IPTV channels for free. Carefully follow our instructions in the article, install the SS IPTV application and enjoy watching movies and other video content in excellent quality.