If the TV remote control does not work, one of the options for the problem is blocking by pressing a combination of several keys at the same time. This situation can be corrected independently and in a short time. You just need to perform a specific algorithm of actions.
- 1 Initial actions in case of blocking of the remote control
- 2 Universal ways to unlock your TV remote
- 3 Ways to unlock TV remotes of various brands
- 4 How to fix blocking if there is no remote control?
- 5 Additionally
Initial actions in case of blocking of the remote control
First of all, when blocking the remote control, you should look at the instructions for the TV. It usually contains specific codes. Just press the combination of buttons on the remote control specified in the manual, and the problem will be solved. But not everyone stores the operation manual after purchase and initial setup. If the instruction has not survived, you need to think about how the blocking occurred. Having tried to do the opposite, it is possible to unlock the remote control.
Universal ways to unlock your TV remote
First check if the batteries are dead. To do this, take them out and try to put them on another device. If it works successfully with them, then press the power button on the remote control, and then insert the batteries back. This is the main way to unlock the TV remote control.
If the actions do not help, there are other methods:
- press and hold any button on the remote control for 10-20 seconds;
- while holding down “P” and “+”, use a combination of four digits (for example, “1111” or any other identical digits), then press “+” again, and do not forget that the time interval between these operations should be minimal;
- press “P” and “+” at the same time, then click “Menu” and the key responsible for increasing the volume or switching channels forward;
- hold down the buttons “Exit”, “9”, “1” at the same time, or sequentially in the order indicated here.
If the above methods didn’t work, it’s best to follow the instructions for the respective brand.
For which remotes, the universal methods are the only ones:
These methods can also be used for universal remotes. For example, for Huayu, Hyundai, Akai, Mi, Goldstar, Polar, Skyworth, Xiaomi, Telefunken, Elenberg, Haier, Hisense, Fusion, Erisson, Harper, etc. And for older TV models such as Sokol.
Ways to unlock TV remotes of various brands
The method for restoring your device may differ depending on the manufacturer. In modern models, a special button is usually installed for this. On older models, you can also unlock the TV remote by pressing a special key combination.
There are several ways to unlock your Samsung remote. The device has a hotel mode “Hotel Mode” in which you can pause any operation performed with the remote control. The sign of the setting of this mode is that the only possible action is to switch channels. To remove this option, do the following:
- Press “Display”, “Menu” and “Power” on the remote control in sequence. The operation should be performed with the smallest interval between clicks.
- If the result is zero, press the buttons in the following order: “Mute”, 1, 8, 2, “Power”.
To unlock the Samsung TV remote control of the European type, the following key combinations are suitable: “Standby”, “Display”, “Menu”, “Mute” and “Power” (in the exact order).
If neither universal methods nor specialized unlocking methods for Samsung TV worked, then you are dealing with a special model and you should contact technical support.
Philips and Sharp TVs
There are 2 ways to unlock the remote control here. They are as follows:
- press and hold simultaneously the power button and “volume -“;
- hold the “+” key and the volume control together.
In both cases, an empty channel will appear, from which you can exit to parental control and disable the remote control lock. You can unlock your Philips remote with your TV. For this:
- Bring the equipment close to the TV screen.
- Press and hold the teletext buttons at the same time for 10 seconds (they are usually red and blue).
- In case of malfunction, de-energize the remote control (remove the batteries) and unplug the TV. Then turn them on and try the above steps again.
To unlock the Sony remote, you need to use the TV itself. For this:
- Press the button on the case to open the menu.
- Find “STANDARD SET”.
- Click on “REMOTE CTRL” and select “ON”.
Another problem lies in the fact that the necessary functions can be blocked in the remote control, since the device was not originally programmed for use with a TV. To fix this problem, you need:
- Find the “SYNC MENU” button on the remote control.
- Select the “Select HDMI Device” option.
- You will be given a list of models, select the appropriate one.
Many models from this Korean brand support a remote control that prevents children from pressing random buttons. Usually, users face the difficulty of blocking after activating this option, when they do not know how to cancel it. If you have your TV manual, you can easily unlock your LG TV remote control using the password provided there. Otherwise:
- Press the arrow keys: up, down, left, right.
- Then shake your device.
The operation is suitable for unlocking a working remote control.
Remote controls for Beeline TV are manufactured by Motorola. When properly configured, they are suitable for controlling a variety of entertainment equipment. On the keyboard, you can find the keys responsible for selecting the type of controlled device. How to unlock your Motorola remote:
- Start the device.
- Press and hold the SET buttons and the key responsible for selecting the type of device.
- Press the arrow buttons (up and down) to set up and connect the instrument. You can also use the left and right buttons to speed up the process.
- When the desired device is found, it will turn off.
- Press the illuminated button.
For some brands (including Supra), finding reliable information on unlocking the remote is not easy, even on the Internet. You should contact the center and find out what you can do. But sometimes the problem is not in the remote control, but in the TV itself (the blocking occurred in it). The table below will help you solve the problem.
|When enabled, a data entry field appears, usually on a blue background||A remote control is required to enter the password. You can find out the code from the instructions for the TV or by calling the service.|
|Some channels are blocked||Usually, it is enough to use the control panel on the case by going through it to the menu. Most likely, the channel settings are lost or the child mode is on.|
|You cannot change the settings: the device refuses to accept changes and freezes||In this case, you cannot cope on your own, you need to contact a specialist.|
There are many instructions on how to unblock the Rostelecom remote control. The easiest way is to do a factory reset. For this:
- Put the remote in programming mode. To do this, simultaneously press and hold the “OK” and “TV” buttons. When the light next to the “TV” button blinks twice, release them (usually this happens after 2 seconds).
- Dial the code 977. If the indicator of the “POWER” button blinks 4 times in a row, you did everything right.
This method resets all settings, not just locks. Upon completion, it may be necessary to reconfigure individual TV settings.
If the MTS STB control device cannot be used because the equipment is locked, you only need to press one button to return the remote control to its normal state. Which button you need depends on the type of controller. These can be keys:
- MTS TV;
- “STB” / “STB”.
If after this the remote still does not work, check if it is working properly. The remote control can also be switched to the control mode of another device, therefore, it is necessary and does not respond to pressing buttons.
How to fix blocking if there is no remote control?
If the remote control is lost or damaged, you need to purchase a new one. But when buying accessories, you need to choose only the original. A universal remote control is unlikely to be able to help here. The remote control is defective if the TV does not respond to the signal it generates (no action at all).
Additional concepts to be aware of when working with a locked console.
What is hotel mode?
Some TV models are equipped with the “hotel mode” function. This option prevents hotel guests from using certain TV functions, but it can be accidentally activated by anyone on their home TV. The following operations are limited:
- channel tuning (their manual and automatic search);
- increasing the volume above the value specified by the owner;
- some other settings.
How to remove this mode has already been described above.
How do I remove parental controls?
Parental Controls are designed to restrict the actions of children. For example, viewing prohibited TV channels, changing system settings. To do this, a PIN code is put on the TV.
But sometimes this control plays a cruel joke with the parents themselves: having made it and forgetting the password, you can face unpleasant restrictions. Resetting helps to restore access to the full operation of the console:
- Go to “Menu” and then to settings.
- Go to the Security tab, click Reset PIN.
- Enter any numbers without pressing OK.
- Press the channel change button: up twice, then down and up again.
- Enter the code 0313 and press OK.
The result of these actions should be the reset of the PIN code to the factory value, that is, 0000. Video instruction on reset using the example of LG TV:
The best way to avoid future problems with locking your TV remote is to be more careful and not poke around with it. But if the remote control is still blocked, try the above methods to restore the full operation of the remote control. If they did not work, it is recommended to call the service center.