LG Soundbars are a new generation of acoustic multimedia systems. These devices can reproduce multi-channel surround sound with adaptive tuning of speakers and LV soundbar functions for specific content. Distinctive characteristics of modern devices from the South Korean company are new technologies that have been introduced into soundbars.
- 1 What is a soundbar and what functions does it perform
- 2 Features of LG Soundbars
- 3 Key Features of LG Soundbars
- 4 How to choose a soundbar from LG – the best on the market at the end of 2021-beginning of 2022
- 5 Novelties in “soundbar building” 2021
- 6 Best Soundbars 2.1 5.1 7.1
- 7 How to connect and configure
What is a soundbar and what functions does it perform
A soundbar is a compact soundbar or mono speaker that emits sound from the speakers in its cabinet. The device is a modern alternative to speakers with multiple speakers and many wires. Plus microcolumns – ease of installation without the help of a wizard. Also, the advantage of this acquisition is that the soundbar significantly improves the sound quality from the TV. What are the advantages of a soundbar:
- high-quality sound and recognition of shades of melody;
- playback of video and audio format using external storage
- SSD and HDD;
- can be controlled by the remote control system or from a mobile phone. Some models support voice control;
- a mono speaker is much more compact than a home theater;
- Supports devices and applications that can connect to the mono speaker via Bluetooth.
Features of LG Soundbars
It is possible to purchase a speaker system that is designed for
home theater setup , but requires proper placement around the room. Consider the types of soundbars. Active speakers are called a simple soundbar. It only slightly improves the sound of music and video when watching TV. Such a soundbar does not have a large set of functions. The set with such a device may include a subwoofer, depending on the specific model.
Important! The sound of a mono speaker is as close as possible to the effect of sound from a full-scale acoustics, for example, such as in a home theater. This is an average installation option at a price of up to 30 thousand rubles.
The most expensive mono speaker is a full-fledged multifunctional audio system. In such a soundbar, only high-quality sound with a three-dimensional effect is played. With this device, you can listen to video and audio files in Hi-Fi quality. An LG device, like Samsung, can have add-ons as the following functions:
- playing sound from a smartphone via Bluetooth;
- support for 3D format;
- you can connect to your home DLNA network;
- supports Smart TV.
LG SN11R soundbar supports Smart TV and Meredian technology [/ caption]
Key Features of LG Soundbars
And the technology from this brand stands out not only for the presence of the Blu-ray function in it. LG soundbars also feature TV Sound Sync, a technology needed to wirelessly connect soundbars to TVs via Bluetooth. This technology is supported on all new LV soundbars. Special voice functions are also built into devices from SK56 and above. These commands include the familiar Google Assistant,
Chromecast . Also, most mono speaker models have an HDMI multimedia output. What other features do LG soundbars have:
- a mono speaker with a power of 100 W is relevant for watching movies, playing games or listening to music tracks. 2.1ch audio outputs video and music beyond the familiar audio parameters of a home theater. The surround effect is achieved by additional bass in the subwoofer of the device;
- adaptive Sound Control technology is supported in LG mono speakers to enhance voice through differentiation;
- an optical input is needed to connect a set-top box, PlayStation and many other add-ons to the device.
LG’s innovative technology used in soundbars
The LG mono speaker features state-of-the-art HDMI outputs and a connector that supports eARC audio return channel. 4K video can be viewed via HDMI. The mono speaker can also be integrated with HDCP 2.3 and Dynamic Range Expansion.
HDMI earc [/ caption]
Worth knowing! Select models of LG monitors support HDR10 and Dolby Vision.
The LV company declares that it is possible to download and use a proprietary mobile application (for iOS and Android) to control the mono speaker. You can download the LG Saundbar app at the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lge.media.lgsoundbar&hl=ru&gl=US
LG Saundbar [/ caption] The application is easy to use, it allows you to take advantage of soundbar functions that may not be available on your TV remote. In the application from the phone, you can configure:
- dynamic range control;
- level the volume manually or automatically correct the sound depending on the size of the room;
- connection via HDMI-CEC.
How to choose a soundbar from LG – the best on the market at the end of 2021-beginning of 2022
First of all, when choosing a device, you should pay attention to its power. The connection features are also important. Additional criteria include the type of subwoofer, interface, number of channels, and wireless connectivity to the mono speaker. For a room with dimensions of 50 m2 or more, it is better to buy a mono speaker with a power of 200 watts or more. For medium-sized rooms, a 80-100 W model can be supplied. A mono speaker with a power of 25-50 W is suitable for a small room.
If the amount of money for the soundbar is too limited, then you can buy the LG SL4Y model with removable rear speakers that come with the kit wirelessly. The device is complemented by a wireless subwoofer, eARC audio return channel and auto sound tuning. The device also supports playback of Dolby Atmos and DTS: X formats. The mono speaker has HDMI, but you won’t be able to control the device from the phone, since there is no application for this model. The front soundstage is narrower than that of expensive technology models, but in general the LG SL4Y is multifunctional for its price range.
TOP 10 best soundbar models from LG – an overview with prices and technologies
If you are a fan of relaxing in a country house with karaoke and are looking for a soundbar suitable for such needs. Top best soundbars from LG:
- LG SJ2 for 9800 rubles . – the model can be connected to a TV using wires and via Bluetooth. In both cases, the sound quality remains the same. Soundbar power 160 W. It is easy to operate, because the set includes clear instructions in Russian. The disadvantages include dull mids.
- LG SJ3 for 11,500 rubles . – soundbar standard 2: 1. Included with the rear speakers is a full-fledged 200 W subwoofer. The system has a power of 300 watts. There is an auto power off function, due to which the device is in standby mode when the TV is turned off. The device supports wired and wireless connections. The panel works with Dolby Digital and DTS decoders. You can control the sound system through the remote control. The disadvantage is the lack of an HDMI connector.
- LG SK4D costs 12 thousand rubles – the model produces 300 watts of total power, so you can use the gadget in tandem with home theaters. The bass reflex subwoofer delivers powerful and rich bass. The connection is carried out wirelessly. Smartphone control. The disadvantages include difficulties in the initial setup, the instructions are not informative.
- LG SK5 comes complete with wall mounts, which is useful for users who have limited free space. The device for 15 thousand rubles has a connection function via Bluetooth or HDMI. Minus – uninformative display.
- LG SK6F for 24,500 rubles . With just one front speaker, it almost sounds like a 5: 1 system. There is an adaptive control system that adjusts the sound settings for each version of the content. You can enable wireless audio and video streaming using your Chromecast. Of the minuses, it is noted that the bass reflex is located on the rear panel, which is why the soundbar cannot be placed close to the vertical surface.
- LG SL5Y for 19,500 rubles . is a 2: 1 standard, in terms of power, the system will withstand 400 watts, of which 220 watts goes to the subwoofer. The sound is loud and rich in rich bass. The soundbar has support for Dolby Digital decoder. The kit includes fasteners for placing the device on the wall. Minus – dimensions 171 × 393 × 249 mm for the sub and 890 × 57 × 85 mm for the speakers.
- LG SL6Y for 21 thousand rubles is suitable for a home theater. The system consists of three front speakers and a subwoofer. The model supports Hi-Res Audio with a sampling rate of 96 kHz and a depth of 24 bits. Connection methods – via optical input, HDMI or Bluetooth. The downside is the lack of protection for the wireless standard.
- LG SK8 supports Dolby Atmos . Produces a sound that is phenomenal in terms of purity and volume. The gadget is equipped with a built-in Chromecast media player. The model has built-in optical output, HDMI and Bluetooth. The cost of the model of 30 thousand rubles is considered a disadvantage.
- LG SK9Y is a 5: 1 type system with Dolby Atmos support. With this soundbar, the sound is realistic and detailed across all frequency ranges. The total power of the system is 500 W. The gadget is certified according to the Hi-Res Audio standard. The disadvantage is the cost of 29 thousand rubles.
- The LG SL10Y supports Meridian digital audio processing. The column has a function of expanding 2-channel signal to 3-signal signal without distortion. Equipped with 4K HDR and Dolby Vision functions. The device has a built-in Chromecast player. Supports Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection. The disadvantage is the exclusive price of 70 thousand rubles.
LG SN9Y – TOP soundbar for TV: https://youtu.be/W5IIapbmCm0
What are the cheapest and highest quality LG soundbars
It is worth noting that the low price for budget-level soundbars is justified, because for most models, especially from the budget segment, the sound remains the weakest point. Top cheap LG soundbars – models from 12 to 20 thousand rubles:
- SP7 Black;
TOP 10 elite LG soundbars belonging to the premium class
High-end soundbars are very popular as their sound quality is constantly improving automatically with the introduction of new technologies. The soundbars have support for Meridian digital processing. Apart from the price, the main disadvantage of expensive devices is that the models should be selected taking into account the size of the TV. The best expensive elite models from LG start at 30 thousand rubles:
- SN11R Dolby Atmos;
- GX Sound bar;
- SP11RA 105 thousand rubles;
Video review of the premium soundbar LG SL8Y: https://youtu.be/YhwU2asdQus
Novelties in “soundbar building” 2021
Launched in 2021, LG’s mono speaker SN4 is designed specifically to deliver the purest sound without obvious interference or distortion. The carbon diaphragm in the new device, built into the woofer, is responsible for the quality of sound waves. The device has an adaptive sound control function. The soundbar independently determines the type of sound reproduced, and selects the sound settings. This model can be connected to an LG brand TV via Bluetooth and OPTICAL IN. The LG SN5R Soundbar supports DTS Virtual: X technology, bringing the cinematic sound of your favorite movies. High Resolution Audio technology up to 192 kHz sampling rate and 24-bit bit depth delivers precise audio reproduction and an unforgettable experience. Another novelty of 2021 among LG soundbars is the SN11R model:
Best Soundbars 2.1 5.1 7.1
In the 2.1 format, a high-quality soundbar LG SJ3. The model SL10Y and SK9Y can be distinguished from the 5.1 format. The 7.1 channel format output with built-in wireless rear speaker supports the brand’s soundbar model SN11R.
How to connect and configure
There are soundbar models that can only be placed on flat surfaces. For this, special tables or tables for TVs are suitable. Sometimes they are mounted on hanging shelves installed under the TV itself. Setting up such a technique depends on the specific model and its features. To install the LG Soundbar, you will need to read the instructions for use. How to connect and set up LG soundbar – up-to-date instructions for new models of 2021: https://youtu.be/C0FdyNYMEPc
Worth knowing! If the model of the device supports the Dolby Atmos or DTS: X option, in which the sound effect is reflected from the ceiling, then the soundbar cannot be placed inside the bedside table or under the table.
How to connect an LV soundbar and set up sound transmission [/ caption] The easiest way to connect this device to a TV is to use the HDMI interface. In rare cases, RCA or analog connectors are required to connect a LV soundbar. Tulip connectors are not designed to improve sound quality. It is best not to connect the soundbar to the TV with a stereo headset cord (miniJack-2RCA cable).
- Take the REMOTE CONTROL. Go to its settings menu. You can also use the virtual TV remote control using your smartphone. In this case, you need to go to “Settings”.
- Select the “audio” section. Then turn on the Digital Audio Out setting and Auto mode. Some LG TVs require Simplink function.
“Smart” smartphone to control the soundbar and other LG equipment [/ caption] It is no coincidence that this technique has become so popular lately. Many consumers choose it, given the features such as the ability to play not only audio, but also video files, many of which cannot be launched using a standard TV receiver. In addition, of the variety of brands of different soundbars, it is the devices from LG that are famous for the simplest and most intuitive control, because they can be configured using only the remote control.