Smart TV allows you to watch the best TV channels with high quality video and sound. It should be remembered that in fact this device is a computer
with its own operating system and allows you to use most of its functions. Thus, users can install a browser to surf the Internet, play using a TV screen as a display, spend time on social networks, watch video files and listen to their favorite music. To take advantage of these and similar opportunities, it is enough to be able to install the selected application on Smart TV.
In Smart Hub you can find all applications,
installed on Samsung Smart TV [/ caption]
- 1 How to find apps and widgets on Smart TV
- 2 Popular apps and programs on Smart TV in 2021
- 3 Official Smart TV Apps
- 4 How do I install third-party apps on Smart TV?
- 5 What applications are there and what directions
- 6 How to find an application
- 7 How to uninstall apps
How to find apps and widgets on Smart TV
In order to get access to download the required applications, you need to create your account. It is important to understand that not any programs are suitable for a specific Smart TV model, but only those that are compatible with it. With the help of an account, the user will have access to the application store, where, among the large number of offers, he will be able to choose what he needs. For example, hundreds of applications for Samsung Smart TV are available to users in Samsung Apps
. When looking for applications, keep in mind that usually the most important ones are preinstalled. If the user wants to get new third-party ones and install them, he has to click on the Samsung Apps icon. And as a result, he will be able to make his choice.
Each manufacturer has its own store with a wide variety of applications. To perform all the necessary operations for installation, it is enough to use only
the remote control . Also popular are
virtual remote controls , which are actually a smartphone application connected to a Smart TV device via Wi-Fi. What are the best apps you can install on Samsung Smart TV in 2021 – video review: https://youtu.be/TXBKZsTv414
Popular apps and programs on Smart TV in 2021
It is often convenient for users to use a television screen as a computer display. This is often due to the relatively high quality of sound and video, better resolution. The most popular applications are as follows:
- Related to watching videos . Smart TV has built-in high-quality software that provides high-quality viewing of video channels. Additional viewers installed on the device will allow you to play multimedia files from a computer or smartphone, conveniently watch videos from Internet sites.
- There is a built-in browser for surfing , but the user can choose one or more additional ones in the branded application store.
- Using high quality images, you can comfortably communicate on social networks . Some of these applications are preinstalled, others can be downloaded and installed.
- Support for Skype calls is available .
- Installation of video games is popular among users .
Hisense VIDAA TV – Best Free Apps for 2021: https://youtu.be/Vy04wKtgavs These or other offers are installed from the branded store. Usually, when it opens, the user sees the most popular programs. He can browse programs by category or use the search. Most often, users install the following applications. Top 3 apps to watch movies, movies and TV for free on android and android tv as of 2021: https://youtu.be/qqaQh8cbrgk
This free multimedia player is renowned for its quality and reliability. It is also available in Smart TV app stores: Android TV, webOS and Tizen OS. The player supports almost all video and audio formats.
In this case, there is no need to install additional codecs. The program can, for example, be downloaded from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc.
For the convenience of working with Smart TV, it is convenient to use a virtual keyboard. LeanKey Keyboard is one of the more user-friendly. It is available on Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.liskovsoft.androidtv.rukeyboard.
This program provides for the use of the Russian and Latin alphabets. Using the remote control, you can easily switch between layouts.
This application allows you to view sports coverage both live and recorded. It is available in the Samsung Smart TV app store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.soldesign.SportBox&hl=ru&gl=US.
Here you can get acquainted with the sports program for the near future. The information is conveniently divided into categories. The user can select the one he needs and view everything that interests him.
This Smart TV application can be used by owners of Panasonic, Philips, LG, Samsung and some other TVs. When viewing, there is no need to register on the corresponding services (however, when viewing through a browser, the use of a username and password will be required). To carry out the installation, you need to go to the application store of the corresponding manufacturer. Channel viewing is available immediately after its completion.
Official Smart TV Apps
The device must have preinstalled applications. They usually include a browser, client programs for the most common social networks, file managers, programs for working with video, audio files and photos, and the like. You can also use applications to access various video services. They are selected in such a way that with their help it was possible to ensure the performance of all the basic functions of Smart TV.
How do I install third-party apps on Smart TV?
When working with
Samsung Smart TV, the user can use the Smart Hub desktop. Here are the icons of the preinstalled applications. It can be used at the request of the user to show a TV program at this time.
After clicking the Samsung Apps icon, the user will see a list of available categories on the right side of the screen. The main part of the screen will show icons of applications available for installation. This screen usually takes up to 7 seconds to load. If this icon is not there, you need to go to the “Service” and give the command to start updating applications. Then the icon should appear. To install, you need to click on the corresponding icon and then follow the instructions. After the installation is complete, the corresponding icon will appear on the desktop. Some Samsung Smart TVs do not have Youtube app installed by default. In this case, the following program installation procedure is applied. To complete it, you need to take the following actions:
- Press the “A” button on the remote control. After that, an account login form will appear.
- You need to enter your username and password for your Samsung Apps account. After that, click on the “Login” button.
- Press the “Tools” button on the remote control. As a result, a menu opens.
- In it, select the item “Settings”.
- In the menu that appears, select “Development”.
- Then another menu will appear.
- Now you need to select the first item and enter the IP address. You need to enter 188.8.131.52.
- Next, go to the second line – “Synchronization of user applications”. It will happen in a few seconds. When this process is over, you will need to exit Smart Hub and enter it again.
- The ForkPlayer icon appears in the lower half of the screen. After clicking on it, a list of available programs will open.
If you click on any of them, the corresponding application will start working.
If the set-top box uses the Android TV operating
system , the desktop will look like this. This usually applies to Philips and Sony models
To download and install the application for Android TV, you need to follow these steps:
- You need to press the button on the remote control
- Then go to the application menu.
- You need to find the Play Market or Google Play icon and click on it.
- The login page will open.
- After clicking on the “Login” button, you will need to enter your account login and password.
- Next, the main page of Google Play will open.
- You need to find a suitable application. It is convenient to do this if you enter its name into the search bar. You can also browse programs by category.
- After finding the desired program on its page, press the “Install” button. After that, the download and installation of the program begins.
- To start it, you need to go to the initial screen, enter the “Applications” section.
- Next, you need to click on the corresponding icon. You will have to scroll down the screen if necessary. This becomes necessary when there are a large number of installed applications.
- After that, the program will be launched.
In order to access the app store, you need to have a Google account. Now we will consider installing applications for
Smart TV on LG TVs . Here, as well as in other models, there is an application store. It’s called the LG Content Store.
In order to install a new application, you need to click on the corresponding icon. Then the user goes to the main page of the app store.
There is a menu on the left side of the screen that helps you choose the right software to install. By clicking on the top line, you can see the most popular applications. If you enter the section “New”, the user will see information about new items that have arrived recently. The “All” section contains a list of available categories. Having chosen the desired theme, you can find the most interesting option for the installation. In the “My Apps” section, you can check what has already been installed. If some programs need to be updated, then the user needs the “Updates” line. The main part of the screen shows the available applications. To install, you need to click on the desired one and then follow the simple instructions. After the installation is complete, the icon will appear among the icons located at the bottom of the screen. How to find, download and install
free applications for Smart TV .
What applications are there and what directions
Although Smart TV actually adds the functions of a computer to a television set, its functions are actually more limited. Usually we are talking about other browsers for surfing the Internet, applications for watching videos, specialized applications for certain social networks. There are usually a large number of different games available. Most of them are relatively simple, but among them there are those that correspond in quality to those developed for game consoles. The user can use additional news channels. A category is available that includes various useful applications. For example, some of them can measure the available Internet access speed. Clients are very popular for access to various TV channels and video services. For example,Youtube is popular. When choosing applications, you need to pay attention to whether they have free content. Not all programs work well after installation. In rare cases, it happens that it is better to refuse from some. It is important to pay attention to the presence of Russification, which is not always there.
The variety of applications is much smaller than on a computer. So, for example, only a standard browser can be used on LG TVs. It should be borne in mind that the installation of additional programs significantly expands the functionality of the TV. Therefore, after purchasing it, it is necessary to investigate the possibilities that can be obtained by installing applications on Smart TV. In most cases, the installation or update process is actually automatic.
How to find an application
In stores, you can usually use the search. If you enter a name, you can easily find the one you want. The division into categories is also carried out. Searching within those that are of interest will help you find various options from which you can choose the most suitable one. There are usually separate sections for the most popular or newest applications. If you focus on the tastes of other people or new products, sometimes you can find a hint for the right choice.
Store descriptions can be very short. Therefore, when choosing, it will be useful to use additional sources of information. The installation process itself is not difficult even for an inexperienced user.
How to uninstall apps
Smart TV provides the ability to not only install, but also uninstall applications. The latter is done with a long press on the icon. As a result, a cross appears, clicking on which you can delete. For example, this applies to LG Smart TV.