It is not difficult to connect digital television, but it so happens that there are no channels. If the TV does not search or does not find digital channels, you need to identify the cause and eliminate it. You can solve the problem yourself, without the help of a specialist, but sometimes you can fix the problem only in the service.
Why the TV does not catch digital channels and what to do
To understand why
digital TV channels are not showing , it is necessary to establish where the failure occurred. Having discovered a problem, you are given the opportunity to solve it yourself without the help of a specialist.
Problems with equipment for connecting digital TV. In order to eliminate the error, it is necessary to identify a malfunction of one or another equipment. In this case, we recommend contacting specialists, and not trying to solve the problem yourself.
Set-top box does not find channels
A malfunction in the
receiving device can be calculated by the following criteria:
- the appearance of the inscription “no signal”;
- spontaneous shutdown or reboot;
- the LED on the receiver is dimly lit.
https://youtu.be/4fRdee5g6xs In these cases, there may be poor-quality receiver firmware. You can fix this problem by flashing the equipment. A version of the software is available on the official website of the manufacturer, it will be enough to download and update the device.
It is better to entrust the flashing to a specialist.
If a problem occurs, first check the
antenna . For the transmission of an analog signal, MV antennas are used, for a digital signal, UHF. If there are TV towers next to you, you need to mount an
amplifier , since without it you will not be able to catch a single channel.
Faulty cables can adversely affect the performance of the TV. You need:
- Check all connections and wire integrity.
- If the cable is oxidized, clean.
- If damaged, replace.
Even a slight bend in the wire can affect the quality of digital TV transmission.
Does TV support digital TV?
In order to make sure whether the TV supports digital broadcasting, carefully study the technical documentation. The TV is suitable for tuning digital channels if the “DVB-T2” column is marked with “yes”. The markings can be found on the original TV box.
If there is an inscription “DVB – T” – you will have to buy a set-top box, since this format is outdated and does not support digital broadcasting.
Tuning capability is also determined by the presence of a special tuner. Mostly support for the ” DVB-T2 ” standard is
denoted by the letter “H”, but the symbol may vary depending on the model and manufacturer. DVB – T2 modules can be:
- built-in – hardware components inside the TV;
- external – an independent device that connects to the TV.
On TVs with a built-in tuner, you can immediately start watching digital TV after connecting the antenna cable. If your TV is old and not equipped with this component, then you will have to buy a special set-top box.
There may be several other reasons:
- Breakdown of the TV . The message “no signal from the router” will be displayed on the TV screen. So the tuner is working, but it’s the TV.
- Lost settings . The settings go astray absolutely by accident. In this case, return the tuner to factory settings. After that, you will have to search for TV channels again and tune them.
- Unstable signal . The antenna could fall or change direction for any reason. Return it to its original position and everything will work out.
- Weather conditions . Channels can be interrupted or lost. Digital television can be negatively affected by:
If one or more channels are missing
There are cases when the TV does not find one or more digital TV channels when searching. Common reasons:
- technical problems – it is better to take the TV to the service;
- outdated drivers on the TV – update the software (the update can be found on the manufacturer’s website);
- preventive work;
- termination of the work of the TV channel.
If there is no specific TV channel, then he turned off digital broadcasting or changed the operating frequency. Information about this can be found on the channel’s website.
When a diplexer is connected
If both digital and satellite antennas are connected to the set-top box through a diplexer, then you need to understand that they remain different devices. They function as one for the user. But each device works differently.
A diplexer is a passive frequency isolation device designed to simultaneously receive two signals, which multiplexes (combines) and demultiplexes (decouples) them.
Features and differences:
- Signal reception. Signal quality and weather are important for the antenna. It is important for the satellite that there is no interference in the form of high-rise buildings between it and the dish.
- Broadcasting. If you temporarily turn off or change the frequency on one of the antennas, the broadcast will continue on the other.
If, when using a diplexer, TV broadcasting is only on one of the signals (DVB or DVB-T2), then the problem is only in one of them. If there is no channel on both signals, this means that repair work is underway. https://youtu.be/0opTiq5EQWU
If all else fails
If you have tried all the settings, and the TV still does not find channels, then there is a malfunction in the tuner or antenna. For testing, you can connect another antenna or set-top box to make sure the problem is not with the TV.
Defective devices are referred to diagnostics in the service, where the cause of the problem is reported.
Features auto tuning and manual search
In some cases, auto tuning may duplicate channels or not produce the desired result. In this case, you must use manual channel tuning.
Autosearch does not find Samsung digital channels – we solve the problem manually
https://youtu.be/CkJUmsEG2SU To find digital channels on your Samsung TV, complete a number of tasks:
- Enter the menu and go to the “Channel” section, go to “Country”.
- If your TV asks for a pin code, enter 1234, 0000 or 1111.
- In the “Digital Channels” column, select “Others”.
- Go back to Channel and go to Cable Search Options.
- Enter specific parameters. Set the frequency, baud rate and modulation as shown in the picture.
- Go back and go to “Auto-tuning”.
- Select “Cable” as the signal source and set the TV broadcast type to “Digital”.
- In the search mode, select “Full” and start the setup using the “Search” button. If you are not sure about something and want to start over, click “Reset”.
- When the channel search is complete, save.
The manual channel search procedure can take from 15 – 20 minutes.
We manually configure the reception of channels on LG TVs
If you live outside the city, then first you need to make sure that your locality is included in the broadcasting zone. To do this, go to the RTRS website
and find your region there (the numbers indicate the location of the repeaters). If you are too far from them, we recommend using other broadcasting standards (satellite, analog or
iptv ). How to tune channels on your LG TV:
- Take your TV remote control and click on the “Home” button, switch to the tab called “ Settings “ .
- Select “Options”, set the country of residence. If we are talking about a model released after 2011, select the region “Russia”, if not, select one of the countries of Western Europe.
- If the TV was produced before 2011, set the Russian language in the appropriate tab to exclude the appearance of problems during the subsequent setup.
- Return to the “Settings” tab, select the “Manual Search” command.
- Select “Fast Scan” by specifying the frequency, scan rate and modulation data as shown in the picture. Click the “Update” button.
- When the channels are found, save them.
On average, the search process takes 15-20 minutes (depending on the specific TV model and current location).
Sony Bravia – manual tuning of numbers if the TV does not automatically find channels
To start manual channel tuning, this TV must have the correct date and time. This may affect digital TV settings. Go to the Sony Bravia TV settings:
- Go to the TV menu.
- Click on “Digital Configurations”.
- Select the “Digital setting” line.
- Select “Auto Search Digital Stations”.
- Select “Cable” as your TV connection type.
- Enter the channel search parameters according to the picture and click “Start”.
- Turn on the power if you have an antenna with an amplifier.
- Wait for the TV to finish searching for channels.
After the search, the list of found channels will be saved by itself. Then the operation will be repeated for the second multiplex.
Channel search takes 15-20 minutes.
In order to start manual tuning of channels on this TV model, you must first go to the official RTRS portal
to find out at what frequency the nearest tower is broadcasting the channels. Go to the Toshiba TV settings:
- Press the “Menu” button on the remote. Set the following parameters in the “Settings” section: in the “Country” column select any country in Western Europe, “Input” select “Cable”.
- Go to the “Manual configuration” section and click “OK”.
- Enter the frequency, modulation and baud rate of the channels according to the picture, click “OK”.
- Wait until the end of the process and save the found channels.
The procedure can take from 20 minutes to half an hour.
Setting up the reception of digital channels on Philips TVs
In order to start manual channel search, you must first indicate your location and select the desired language on the TV. Go to the Philips TV settings:
- Go to the main menu and go to the “Configuration” section.
- Activate the “Channel Setup” command.
- Click on “Reinstall Channels”.
- Select the broadcast method. To set up cable TV, you need to click on DVB-C.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select manual mode.
- Enter “Symbol value 1” as in the picture.
- Go to “Frequency scan” and select “Fast scan”.
- Set the frequency drop according to the picture.
- Select “Manual” network frequency mode.
- Set the network frequency according to the picture.
- Click Finish.
- After that, go back and click “Start”.
- Wait for the process to complete, and then confirm your actions by clicking “OK”.
On Philips TVs, channels are tuned separately for each
Manual channel search takes about 20 minutes.
It is not necessary to seek professional help in order to fix problems and tune digital channels. You can do this yourself at home, having studied all the problems in detail and eliminating them.